Wednesday 12 August 2015

A Victorian Herb Garden

So far this year my best plants on my balcony garden have been the herbs, so thinking ahead to next year I'm considering picking up a few more.
Now I myself being strange and unusual have been considering picking up a few herbs you don't see too often, and I found The Victorian Nursery who stock various varieties of plants favoured in the Victorian Era.
I'm thinking of getting a couple of packets of seeds for next year, probably Angelica (BBC food says that the leaves go nicely in salads as well as the crystallised stems in cakes), Bergamot (not to be confused with the oranges) which apparently makes nice tea, mouthwash and is good on pizza and Chamomile for tea and desserts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Queens Of The Wild Frontier

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails