Tuesday 7 April 2015

A Jolly Trip To Sheffield

I spent the Easter weekend in Sheffield for Resistanz Festival.
The hilarity started on the train on the way down as when we were switching trains the soles fell off both of my shoes and I had to borrow Kev's boots for the night (which totally went with my velvet mini dress o.0).

Starting Saturday with a much needed Weatherspoons Veggie Big Breakfast!

I don't actually have any photos of the bands because I was too busy enjoying them to take photos. We missed Unity One because we didn't get there in time, but enjoyed Ruinizer when we did arrive, weren't so keen on Solitary Experiments, I thought they sounded a little generic so we wandered off to the chill area and ran into some (already drunk!) friends, before heading back in for Hoccico, who was awesome as always.

Dammit boots :(

We woke up Saturday super hungry (which I blame on how hard I danced to Hoccico the night before) and with me needing new shoes headed to Shoezone and then Weatherspoons. 
I bought a lovely pair of knee high boots, but didn't try them on until I was in Weatherspoons, and of course they didn't fit.

Patisserie Valerie

Thus we had to go back to  Shoezone, but we passed this awesome bakery on the way and grabbed a slice of cake each for later.

Traded the knee highs for these beauties!

Then went back to the hotel to eat our cake, I had Black Forest Gateaux because it's been my favorite since childhood, one of my earliest memories is eating Black Forest Gateaux with my granda.
It was very delicious, but somewhat hard to eat without a fork!

I went for a bit of a fetish-y cat girl themed outfit on the Saturday.

Hugging Filip from Rave The Reqvium *purring noises*

So Saturday we watched Mental Discipline, who were good, but a little strange as they're more of a studio project and the guy who was doing the singing live writes all of the songs and music but usually has guest vocalists sing them in recordings, so a couple of the songs sounded really out because his vocals are so different to the person who sang them on the album.
Advance were ok, but they had a bit of a tech problem that made the entire backing track (including the keyboard... AWKWARD) cut out and left the keyboard player flailing around like keyboard cat. Still I did quite like their cover of Madonna's Frozen,

Next up were Rave The Reqvium, who are super hard to describe musically because basically they sound like everything all at once and it works really well... Actually here, go click this and see for yourself!
Definitely one of the best bands of the weekend in my opinion, and the start of my gig neck. Gig neck is a malady that doesn't affect me so often now that I go to so many gigs, but my goodness my neck STILL hurts today.

Erik, also from Rave The Reqvium *more purring*

Following them was a break, during which we ran around to The Devonshire Cat for some dinner, Kev had Duck and I had a Pine Nut Risotto. I am very picky about risotto, this was a pretty incredible risotto :D
Reaper and WASTE were a little too dancy for me, so we headed back to the chill out room and caught up with some more friends and also spotted Rave The Reqvium wandering around, so of course we had to tell them how much we enjoyed their set and then hugs and photos happened (Kev's phone was kind of on the blink when he was trying to take my photo with Filip, so I got an even longer hug... MY LIFE IS SO HARD!).

Last up for Saturday were 3̤̱͕͢ ̱̣͕̜̀͟͜T̹̜̗͈̠̼̀Ę̶̻E̵̢̤̩T̢̡͕̦̥̦͍̟̳̩ͅH̰̼̺͎, who I was super excited about seeing and they didn't disappoint. They have kind of an old school industrial sound, with a crisp newness that really sets them apart from the 5 billion other bands I keep hearing people harp on about that just sound like terrible attempts to be Front 242.
3̤̱͕͢ ̱̣͕̜̀͟͜T̹̜̗͈̠̼̀Ę̶̻E̵̢̤̩T̢̡͕̦̥̦͍̟̳̩ͅH̰̼̺͎ are reason number 2 my neck really hurts... All of the headbanging!
Can't help thinking their vocalist looks eerily like Dorian from Dragon Age though.

The lovely religious themed shirt Kev wore on Easter Sunday

On Sunday we headed to Weatherspoons and had lunch with our friend Nel, it's been over a year since we last met up with her, so there was lots of chatting and catching up to do.
It was kind of a strange Weatherspoons though as they didn't do Sunday Dinners, so instead I had to have a veggie burger with avocado and haloumi.

Mmmmm Hendos

Afterwards we went on a mission to find some Henderson's Relish. which is a lot like Worcestershire Sauce only without the fish so it's vegetarian, but it's very hard to get in the real north, so every time I am in Yorkshire I fill my bags with the stuff!

Sunday's bands, I wasn't too keen on Sirus or Dirty K, which worked out fine for me as I was pretty broken from the night before at this point and my feet were pretty sore from being out all night in new boots.
Preverse were quite interesting, although they were pretty strange, Kev really enjoyed them though.
Comaduster, were not my thing at all and I was really confused by the bored looking dancers who were pretty out of time with eachother, Author & Punisher didn't really do much for me either.
Da Octopus were amazing though, I had been really looking forward to seeing them since I missed out on them at The Bram Stoker International Film Festival last year due to having to leave early, and they didn't disappoint! Although an hour of solid dancing didn't really help my body!

Seriously though, I'm not the only person who sees this right?

Also we ran into 3̤̱͕͢ ̱̣͕̜̀͟͜T̹̜̗͈̠̼̀Ę̶̻E̵̢̤̩T̢̡͕̦̥̦͍̟̳̩ͅH̰̼̺͎ in the chill area and so hugging and photographs happened!
Savant also weren't really our thing, so since we were kinda broken so we said our goodbyes and went back to the hotel.
Had a pretty awesome weekend though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Queens Of The Wild Frontier

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails