Thursday 19 March 2015

Figure Training

I know, I know yet another corsetry post... I'm almost turning into a corsetry blog these days, but you love it really!
"Cheapest real Whalebone Corsets in Europe"? I can't help wondering if they were nicely made or if they were a bit like the current crop of cheap end steel boned corsets?

Earlier whilst lying around trying not to cough up a lung (yes, yes I am still ill, thankfully it's not bubonic plague like I was dreaming that it was over night), I found this nifty little article  on the Victoria and Albert Museum blog about a book in their collection which is about figure training with corsets from 1870.

It's a very interesting read and features an illustration of The Venus Di Milo in Victorian finery!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Queens Of The Wild Frontier

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails