Friday 11 March 2011

Vivienne Westwood Gold Label Autumn-Winter 11 show


Today's post is about the recent unveiling of Vivienne Westwood's Gold Label Autumn/Winter  2011-2012 collection and how I plan on using some of the style elements in my wardrobe.


This collection is all about taking the "safe" colours (blacks, whites, greys, beige) and adding a spectacular dollop of interest (usually with splashes of gold or some oversized details).


A lot of the outfits in this collection have Retro and Vintage influences (a whole section seems to have a World War Two era influence), as is common with Dame Westwood's collections.
I'm very fond of the pencil skirt in the top image, and I am very much considering making one in some of the brown taffeta I bought a few weeks back.

I really like the jacket from the second image too, I can see myself making something similar and it becoming a bit of an Autumn staple.
From the third outfit I like the idea of the hotpants over tights.


I'm planning on making a BIG dress for the Brahm Stoker society ball in October, and inspired by image number four I'm considering adding a cut away section at the front.
The fifth and final outfit has me inspired to make something similar in devore fabric.

***

5.    Do you have a queer role model or hero?




Brian Molko

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Queens Of The Wild Frontier

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails