Saturday 27 November 2010

Art Post: Recent Competition entries


Over the past few days I have been working on some entries into art and design competitions.
The one up top there is for Beta Fashion, who run a design competion for fashion and textile designers every month.
This month's challenge is to design a square silk scarf based around the concept of being able to see music as though you had Synthesia (people who have Synthesia's senses are a little muddled so they can see music and taste colours etc).
This was a bit of a toughie for me, so I decided to try and do something a little bit impressionist and try and make motifs based on genres of music I like.
The fuzzy edged blue at the bottom and the yellow at the top are "soft rock", the crisp, hard edged green is a much heavier metal sound, the random splatterings of red are Punk and the black line work is experamental noise.
I picked such bright colours because I like my music LOUD!
This is Flora, she's my entry into the deviant art lolita fashion challenge
I found out about this contest on EGL, and well it turns out that some of the girls over there tried to give the girl whose running the contest a little bit of help with her deffinition of Lolita and she took it badly.
I figured that if nothing else someone should try and enter something closer to real Lolita than her deffinition out of principle if nothing else, so here is Flora.
I'm a little dissapointed by how shocked she looks and the boobage is a little odd, certainly not my best work, but well, meh I'm still learning with digital figure drawing and any chance for me to practice is helping me learn.
***
Have you entered any interesting competitions lately?
***
A song by the last band you went to see

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Queens Of The Wild Frontier

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails