Monday 4 October 2010

Why I went bald- The charity post

Day 16 - A picture of your dream cell phone



My last two phones have been razrs, and they're the best phone's I've ever had,until I saw the Dolce and Gabana version I'd probably have just wanted another black one, but look at that!
Isn't it fabulous?

In this post I am going to talk about why I shaved off my hair last year, and why I think doing things for charity is important.
At the end of March 2009 I went from this:

To this:


(my apologies for the blurriness, the girl who shaved my hair off took the photo and she was still shaking a little).

Why did I do it, I hear you ask?
I did it because I wanted to help people less fortunate than myself.
I chose to shave off my hair because I knew a lot of people would donate to see that.
I was quite saddened by how many people tried to talk me out of it, said I'd regret it or called me brave.
I was going to do it.
I wasn't going to regret it.
It's just hair, it grows back, it's not like I was chopping my arm off for someone, that would be brave.
I raised almost £300 for comic relief (you can find out about them and what they do here )
I decided to pick Comic Relief because their tag line that year was "Do something funny for money", and I figured that a completely bald fashion student would look pretty funny.
A year and a half later:
My hair has reach shoulder length because, I did it, I shaved it off.
Every now and the I do wish it would grow a bit faster, then I think about how someone now has a mosquito net, or a school or a safer working environment because I shaved my hair of and I don't feel sad abut how goddamn long it's taking to grow back.
I still don't feel brave, proud yes, brave no.
In other news tomorrow I'll be putting up a hair-sticks tutorial, it's be awesome if one of you 15 people who reads would comment, but you don't have to if you don't want to. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Queens Of The Wild Frontier

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails